Mom-to-Be Food Choices
• Try to choose a wide range of colors each day and when possible choose organic variety.
• Vegetables: Kale, Spinach , Sweet Potatoes, Bell Peppers, Carrots, Bok Choy, Cucumbers,
• Fruits: Grapefruit, Pineapple, Oranges, Berries, Pears, Apples, Grapes, Tomatoes, Avocado,
• Free Range Chicken and Turkey
• Free Range, Omega 3 enriched Eggs
• Fish – needs to be limited to 2 times per week and of low mercury variety in order to minimize toxic exposure. Choose wild variety instead of farm-raised
• Grass Fed organic beef
• Walnuts, Almonds, Cashews
• Olive Oil
• Flax seeds, Flax meal and Flax oil
• Fish – needs to be limited to 2 times per week and of low mercury variety in order to minimize toxic exposure.
• Free-Range, Omega 3 enriched Eggs
• Whole grain Brown Rice
• Cous Cous
• Whole grain Pasta
Mom-to-Be Sample Meal Plan
• Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs with mixed veggies, grapefruit, green tea (minimal caffeine)
• Morning Snack: Apple with almond butter
• Lunch: Turkey Sandwich with avocado, sprouts, tomato. Side salad with goat cheese, nuts and berries in an olive oil vinaigrette dressing.
• Afternoon Snack: Sliced vegetables and whole grain crackers with hummus
• Dinner: Honey glazed Salmon Filet with a side of quinoa and steamed mixed vegetables
• Dessert: A reasonable sized treat of your choice