Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Recipe
Cooking is a wonderful kids activity
which will serve them for many years to come.
Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies
• 2 ½ cups
Auntie Pam's gluten-free flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup butter
• 1 egg
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla (not extract as this can contain gluten)
• Preheated the oven to 350°
• Mix flour, baking powder together and set that bowl aside.
• Cream together the butter and sugar, with an electric mixer. Then, add the egg and vanilla. Beat for several minutes until well whipped. The more airy and whipped these ingredients, the better the cookies will taste.
• Slowly add the dry ingredients, while continually whipping. The dough should be stiff and easily form a ball.
• Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least one hour and up to 3 days.
• Once dough is properly chilled, roll it out to ½ -inch thickness, using a sprinkle of GF powdered sugar or additional GF flour on the rolling surface to prevent sticking
• Involve your kids to help you cut cookie shapes with their favorite cookie cutters
• Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 12 to 15 minutes, until cooked through but not brown.
Try this gluten free sugar cookie recipe today and it will surely become a basic recipe for your kitchen. One your kids and family will utilize for an abundance of holidays and special occasions.
What is gluten?
Baby Food Doctor Cooking Class Schedule
Return to Baby Food Doctor Homepage