Healthy Eating Habits for Babies and Toddlers
Hello and Welcome to The Baby Food Doctor website.
I am Dr. Kim Bruno, and I have a passion for developing healthy eating habits for babies and toddlers, to give them the foundation to grow-up to be healthy, and happy children and adults.
The mission of www.babyfooddoctor.com and the corresponding classes and learning materials is to spread good quality, evidence based information on healthy eating habits for babies as well as children's nutrition from conception, through the toddler years. By improving our children's nutrition we will be improving the overall quality of our children’s health for generations to come.If you are looking for something specific in regards to the health and nutrition of your child, or maybe a particular Baby Food Doctor recipe, please use our search tool.
Do you have questions on when, how and what to feed your growing baby? Through the pages of this website, I will take the time to answer your questions and give you a foundation to building a healthy eater.
Feeding your baby is one of the most important jobs we have as a new parents, but many times parents are confused and frustrated by the conflicting information available and then left guessing what baby food is is best for their baby.
Some of the questions I hear from parents in my practice as well as on the play ground are:
• What are the specific healthy eating habits for babies and toddlers?
• What are the nutritional needs during pregnancy?
• What are the advantages of breastfeeding? Is there a diet for breastfeeding mothers?
• I need a baby formula review. Should I choose dairy or soy based formula?
• When to start introducing baby food? What is the best first food for my baby?
• What are some easy homemade baby food recipes?
• How do I deal with a picky eater?
• How can I improve toddler nutrition?
The Baby Food Doctor is dedicated to helping you, the parents, sort through information and provide you with evidence based information to keep those little tummies happy and healthy.
Thank you for visiting!
In Good Health,
Dr. Kim Bruno
Disclaimer: The information on this site is for educational purposes only and is not meant to take the place of the information provided by your health practitioner. Please always consult a physician with any health related concerns or before starting yourself or your baby on a nutritional therapy or medical treatment plan.
- Baby Food Doctor's Blog
- Dr. Kim Bruno will help you to wade through all the conflicting information and offer sound advice on how to feed your baby.
- My Story
- The story on how Dr. Kim Bruno became the baby food doctor
- Fort Collins Kids Nutrition Contact Us
- Fort Collins Kids Nutrition in association with The Baby Food Doctor, is the leader in children’s health and nutrition on the Colorado Front Range
- Fort Collins Children's Nutrition Services
- The Baby Food Doctor offers local Fort Collins children's nutrition services for parents looking for more information on health, nutrition and wellbeing for their children.
- Nutrition 101
- We are going to break down the components of food to see what it is made of and this will help you to build better meals and therefore raise a healthier child.
- Nutritional needs of pregnancy
- To achieve the nutritional needs of pregnancy you need to know what to eat during pregnancy to specifically support your baby's development. Also gather information on the best prenatal vitamin.
- Breast Feeding Facts
- Get all the scientific breast feeding facts and explore the advantage of breast feeding for both mom and baby.
- Introducing Baby Food
- Introducing baby food is an exciting milestone for all new parents. It is very important you know when to feed baby food and what food is best to start with.
- Toddler Nutrition
- Toddler nutrition is vital to development and wellbeing. But it is not always easy to get your toddler to love nutritious and whole foods, here are some easy tips and fun toddler foods.
- Recipes for Making Baby Food and Toddler Food
- Complete guide to recipes for making baby food from 6 months through school aged children.
- First Baby Food
- Determining the best first baby food, when to feed baby food, and introducing solid foods can be a challenge; The Baby Food Doctor wades through the evidence based information to give you answers.
- Homemade Baby Food
- The benefits of homemade baby food are cost, quality, taste, ease and apprearance. The Baby Food Doctor will teach you how to make baby food for your little sweet pea.
- Baby and Toddler Lunch Ideas
- What are you feeding your child for lunch? Do you find yourself making PB&J every day? Here are daily ideas to keep lunch interesting and healthy as well as easy for mom.
- Children's Snack Time
- Childrens snack time can be vital to your growing baby and toddler who can get as much as 30% of their calories from snacks.
- Food Allergies and Children
- Food allergies and children are unfortunately too often are paired together and the incidence is increasing each year. But why do so many children have food allergies?
- Gluten Free Baby Food
- Gluten containing foods should be avoided until at least 10 months, and preferably until after 1 year. Here are some great gluten free baby food options.
- Baby Food Review
- This is the baby food review for busy moms, because we know is it impossible to feed your baby 100% homemade baby food. We also make most of our purchasing decisions off of friend referrals.
- Feature article
- Feature article
- Health for Mom
- The health for mom is sometimes lost in the first couple months to years when much of the focus is on the baby. Many new moms do not care of themselves, but their health is vital to the family.
- Kids Nutrition Facts and Health Infomation
- Current kids nutrition facts and children’s health information from infant, through toddler and teenage years
- Baby Food Feeding Gear
- The latest gadgets and gear for fun and happy meal times.
- Pediatric Nutrition Research
- The Baby Food Doctor sorts through the latest evidence-based nutrition and medical research, plus local and national current events
- Green Baby
- If we want our planet to be as nice for our children as it was when we were growing up we need to make some changes and teach our children to do the same.
- Northern Colorado Business Listing
- Support these Northern Colorado businesses
- Advertising in Northern Colorado
- Are young families with babies to elemantary aged children your businesses target market? Get your name in front of the right people to help drive your business.
- Banana Toddler Food
- Bananas can be a perfect and easy toddler food. Serve them warm with spices and graham crackers for a great snack.
- Recipe for Smoothie
- When meeting the needs of toddler nutrition, parents can always win with a good recipe for smoothie.